- We ensure you have safe dive profiles, and always stay well within
- We have top quality name-brand equipment that is serviced regularly
and kept well maintained.
- We carry emergency medical oxygen and a first aid kit on our boats
and have a plentiful supply of oxygen at the dive shop.
- We are an accredited member of PCSSD, the Philippine Commission on
Sports Scuba Diving. All members must adhere to safe diving practices.
- Clean air. Our air is checked on a quarterly basis by an independent U.S. company for contaminants. In addition, PCSSD conducts annual checks on our air quality. So you can be assured you are getting clean fills and our certificates are on display in the dive shop. Every one of our checks since we opened show our air to be 100% free of contaminants.
- The nearest recompression chamber is in Cebu. It is a 24 hour facility,
extremely well run by excellent doctors and operators. In the unlikely
event of an accident, PCSSD provide our customers with priority access
to the chamber at discounted cost. However, the safety record of Thresher Shark Divers is impeccable and unbeaten on Malapascua and we intend to keep it that way.
- In the unlikely event you need to go to Cebu we can get you there quickly, using helicopter evacuation if necessary.
- All diving staff including boat staff and shop staff are trained in first
aid and CPR - and are PADI
Emergency First Responders. All our instructors can teach Emergency First Response and we also have two Emergency First Response Instructor Trainers on staff.
- Our safety record is unblemished and we have never had a serious accident of any kind while doing any activities, including recreational and technical diving. We do not expect that to change!
Essential Travel Insurance
Anyone who lives in the UK can purchase Essential Travel Dive Insurance.